Two different options are provided
Option A: a +70 day advanced racing program designed for children 10-11 years old
Option B: a 44 days racing program designed for children 10-11 years old
Who & What Program is about
(Ages 10 – 11) U12 Team – Snow Stars Level 3+
Start Date: November 9th, 2019
Finish Date: April 19th, 2020
Time: 9 :00 am start, 3:45 pm finish, 12:30 – 1:15 Un-Supervised lunch break
6 hours on the snow
Location: Lake Louise Ski Resort (on Friday) or COP (week night training on Thursday 6:30-8:30).
How many days of training:
Option A 70 days (Lake Louise, COP and Nakiska)
Option B 45 days (Lake Louise)
Option A include:
- a 5 days Nakiska November Camp
- a 7 days Lake Louise Christmass Camp (December 20, 2019), New year Camp (January1-3, 2020) and Spring Camp (April 1-3, 2020)
- a 15 days training at COP.
How often do we race: 3 races (U12 Provincials).
Recommended passes: Lake Louise Ski Pass and COP Mid Week Pass.
Minimum Ski Level: 3+
Athlete to Coach Ration: 5:1 ratio
- *Note that alpine skiing is known as a “late specialization sport”.Therefore, ALL programs will enjoy a balanced mix of skill development, supervised technical free skiing and an introduction to self-esteem and confidence building through friendly competitions, drill courses and professional coaching.
Athletes will be placed by ability first. Pre puberty, growth and maturation differences recognize that size and birthdate are often considered before grouping by age only. And fellas, girls are smarter at this stage of development.
For more detailed background on Alpine Canada’s “AIM to Win2” document and the Husky Snow Stars program refer to:
Program A CAD $ 3,680
Program B CAD $ 2,400
Program Registartion Fee (include use of Descente ski jacket) CAD 150.00
ACA Insurance $77.00
* Nakiska Camp ($TBA)
* New Year Camp and Spring camp ($60.00 a day)
*15 days trainig at COP ($700.00) extra day.
* Family Day Camp (TBA)