U10 Program: 52 days designed for children 10-11 years old
Who & What Program is about
(Ages 10 – 11) U12 Team – Snow Stars Level 2+
Start Date: November 7th 2020
Finish Date: April 18th 2021
Time: 9 :00 am start, 3:45 pm finish, 45 minutes Un-Supervised lunch break
6 hours on the snow
Location: Lake Louise Ski Resort and COP (week night training on Thursday 6:30-8:30).
How many days of training:
52 days at Lake Louise
- Training at Norquay in November (week ends) ski pass excluded
- COP Training on Thursday night (15 days). Cost $800.00
- Possibility of 2 week night training at COP.
- November Camp at Nakiska. Cost TBA
- December Camp at Nakiska. Cost TBA
- 3 days Christmas at Lake Louise Cost $60.00 a day
- 1 day New Year Camp at lake Louise Cost $60.00
How often do we race: 4 races (U12 Provincials).
Recommended passes: Lake Louise Ski Pass and COP Mid Week Pass.
Minimum Ski Level: 3+
Athlete to Coach Ration: 4:1 ratio
- *Note that alpine skiing is known as a “late specialization sport”.Therefore, ALL programs will enjoy a balanced mix of skill development, supervised technical free skiing and an introduction to self-esteem and confidence building through friendly competitions, drill courses and professional coaching.
Athletes will be placed by ability first. Pre puberty, growth and maturation differences recognize that size and birthdate are often considered before grouping by age only. And fellas, girls are smarter at this stage of development.
For more detailed background on Alpine Canada’s “AIM to Win2” document and the Husky Snow Stars program refer to:
Program A CAD $ 2,950.00
Program Registartion Fee (include use of Descente ski jacket) CAD 150.00
ACA Insurance $TBA